The John Burroughs High School Career Center is open daily between 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday thru Friday, September through June.
The Career Center Staff is available to serve the students of John Burroughs High School as well as the Burbank Community.
To contact the career center, you can:
Phone - (818) 558-4777
Fax - (818) 846-0624
Our Career Center staff:
Facts and Questions
What resources are available in the Career Center?
- Work permit applications (Minors under 18 years of age are required by law to obtain a work permit in order to work in the state of California )
- College Catalogs
- College Applications
- College Brochures
- Job Shadowing Information
- ROP Information
- Career Info "CHOICES"
- SAT Prep Class Information
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Information
- Occupational Guide Books
- Military Information
- Job Opportunities
- Career Assessment Materials
- Service Learning Forms
- Career Publications
- Video Library.
Why should I visit the Career Center? What services are provided by the Career Center Staff?
- Process work permits
- Provide information on ROP programs
- Register students for ROP programs
- Provide career decision-making activities
- Assist students in locating college/career information
- Guest speakers: colleges, universities, vocational programs
- Visit with job recruiters
- College applications, financial aid information, SAT/ACT information, scholarship lists and information on upcoming college and career events
- Meet with Military recruiters
- Assist students with resumes and interviewing skills
- Provide information on job opportunities and internships
- Assist students in locating college catalogs, career/college videos and occupational guide resources
- Job Shadowing Placement
- Information on Service Learning
- Assist students with "CHOICES", the self-directed career information search computer program
If you visit the Career Center you can sign up for this amazing program designed for students
who are interested in a career that is offered. You get the opportunity to visit the actual
workplace, meet people, and see what the job is really like. You sign up and fill out a few forms. Then they
give you the date and time for a visit. This program is also good for future jobs. You can
bring a resume along with you to the job, because you might even get a job there after you graduate.
Copyright © 2006 John Burroughs High School. All rights reserved